Sunday, August 16, 2009


My Blessing
by Geraldine Neighbors

Lord, you blessed me with three wonderful boys,
and a darling little girl.
Now what more could a mother want,
In this old sinful world.

But I cried and prayed to you dear Lord,
And asked, "How can this be?"
My little girl can't speak a word,
Why did this happen to me?

Then I prayed and asked you Lord,
To help my baby talk.
But, I looked around me in this old world,
And said, "Thank you Lord. my baby can walk."

Here's a child with twisted legs,
She will never run and play.
This little girl will never hear,
Or see the light of day.

My baby can't say "Mommy, I love you"
And if she does it will be your touch.
But you gave her two loving arms,
Sparkling eyes, and a smile that can say so much.

Dear Lord I'm not asking you
to take my burden away.
I just Thank You Lord, and ask you,
To help us from day to day.


Poem submitted by Renee Lunenburg.
Renee is active in the ministries of
Boonville Wesleyan & also has a music ministry.

No comments: