Friday, February 17, 2012

There's a Miracle in the Making!


I know you have all heard the old saying, “Out with the old and in with the new.” Well, that is exactly what 2012 has brought to me and my family.

I am so honored to say that God has blessed me so abundantly with a wonderful family and also with such great Christian friends. It is in that darkest hour when you realize just how much your family and Christian brothers and sisters in Christ mean to you.

On February 5, 2012 I found just how faithful those family and friends were, but most of all, I know that no matter when or where, I can always depend on Jesus Christ.

My family was involved in a horrific car wreck in Clermont, FL at approximately 7:51 p.m. on February 5, 2012. After a wonderful service in Port Charlotte, FL, we were en route back to our hotel in Davenport, FL enjoying the evening, when we stopped at a red light. Suddenly, at a high rate of speed, a car hit us from behind, knocking us 35 yards. In the extreme of things, another car hit the same automobile that hit us. The next moments were so sudden, my wife Trish recalls our son Joseph hollering for her help, as he was bleeding and suddenly, I realize I cannot move my arms. They are completely numb and I too began to holler for help. Trish hurried to try to get to us both, not taking the time to notice her own injuries. What seemed like forever, was only moments before the Paramedics were on the scene and has ushered me away. As Trish began to unfold the events to me, I was even more amazed at how God had surrounded us by his protection. Joseph too was taken and Trish realized her own injuries. As we were all taken to the nearest hospital, Trish and Joseph were quickly treated and released, as their injuries were not life threatening. However, I had already been taken to the trauma hospital in Orlando, due to sustaining what they so commonly call, “A Broke Neck.” I suffered 3rd and 4th lumbar fractures to my neck, with my spinal cord pinched.

The most amazing starts to unfold here. Trish had enough power on her cell phone to contact our daughter, son, my dad and place a call to Chapel Valley and leave a message to please start a prayer chain on my behalf and then, all contact was lost with the outside world for the next 48 hours. However, people all across the United States were praying for me and the prayers of the righteous availed much. As the neuro surgeon recommended surgery immediately, the down side was explained. If I had the surgery, I would never sing again, as it would damage my vocal cords. I simply could not see this as an option, as God had given me the voice I have and it is my life and my being. Many may say you were foolish to not do it, but I know the man who can and did. I was admitted to the hospital for them to observe me. Naturally, they thought they would change my mind, but the great physician had already stepped into the room.

After three days, they released me. It was so wonderful to really see the power of God at work. People were contacting us at the hospital, even though we did not have means and ways to make contact with them. Not as much as to let anyone know where we were. God always has his ways to get his message out.

On Friday, after I was released, I was sitting on the edge of the bed, when all the feeling in my arms and hands returned. Trish shouted and cried and I could not do anything but cry and praise the lord. All the prayers that had been sent up had reached the throne room of heaven. My miracle had taken place. I have always loved the song, "There's A Miracle In The Making," tonight, I know that miracle and the miracle worker, as he worked one specifically for me.

I will forever praise him and forever proclaim what he has done for me. It changed me and my family and we have seen love among our brothers and sisters, friends and family that is immeasurable. Through it all, God has worked a significant change in our hearts, as we have always loved people and loved everyone, but the change is loving them through the eyes of Christ. It is definitely a new 2012, out with the old and in with the new.

The first of March, I will have a new release out to National Radio. It is entitled, "I Love You Son!" The song is a perfect description of God's love. Even though the song had already been planned for release before the accident, it definitely was in God's timing. Be sure to call your radio stations and request, I Love You Son on the Chapel Valley Comp Disc.

May God Bless each of you,

--
Ron Brewer
706-508-5406
Mercy Road Records
Chapel Valley Studio

No comments: