Thursday, June 13, 2013

WBS Update from Dr. John Neihof

 
Dear Friends,
Twain
 "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated!" 
Mark Twain
     
   The accelerator is on the floor! The clock is ticking fast! Wesley Biblical Seminary is moving forward.
      The few weeks that I have spent on the ground at WBS have been eventful. My energies have been targeted toward filling vacant positions with dedicated people who will advance the mission of WBS within the budgetary constraints of the institution.
     The Board of Trustees of Wesley Biblical Seminary appointed me to serve as President elect of WBS on May 18, 2013.  Since then, I have commuted from my home in Jackson, Kentucky to Jackson, Mississippi for 3 round trips to assemble faculty, staff, and administrative team. On June 28, my wife, Beth, and I will move to Jackson, Mississippi. July 1, 2013, I will assume the Presidency.  
     The Trustees have been very helpful and supportive to me as I am learning to do my job here!  That faculty and staff have been incredibly supportive. God is performing miracles.  We are having spontaneous prayer and praise moments with frequent shouts of "Hallelujah!" We celebrate every miracle-small and great-and we are seeing them daily!
     Provost Tommy McKnight is saving WBS money on one hand, and raising money through sales of capital assets on the other. Karl and Becky Luman are heroically serving as right and left arm to me! Abby Purkey and Pam Thornton are keeping my schedule straight and helping me to communicate with you! Leigh Thomas is teaching us the financial ropes.  Matt Friedeman, Steve Blakemore, and Gary Cockerill are encouraging me daily with visits, prayers, and optimism for our future!
     We are contacting prospective students, and hearing back from them. At least 8 returning students have verbally committed to returning to WBS for the Fall term. We are promoting a on-line scholarshipped Masters of Arts for national pastors in the two-thirds world! This on-line MA will reach from Jackson, MS to Kenya and even Papua New Guinea. More information will be forthcoming! Be certain, we will need your help to fund this program! WBS is investing in Kingdom Business-the Biggest Business of ALL!
John & Beth at their Quiet Place in KY
John & Beth at their 
Quiet Place in Kentucky
     
     Faculty, staff, and administration are embracing what some thought to be  impossible. But GOD! Pray for us. Decisions are coming at us hard and fast. Our team needs wisdom. The seminary needs God's anointing and blessing. The world needs the message of holiness as it is lived out in a heart beating in time with the Divine.
     Thank you for loving and supporting Wesley Biblical Seminary!
 
In Christ,
JNeihof sig
Dr. John E. Neihof, Jr.
President Elect   
   
Who We Are  |  Academics  |  Alumni  |  Give Online

Like us on Facebook    Follow us on Twitter

No comments: